DISCLAIMER: This is not exactly a live blog and it’s definitely not a Finder’s Guide. It’s what I’ve found so far. There’s also probably some stuff I’m missing. :)
Here’s what I’ve found so far (DO NOT READ IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO BE SPOILED!)…
CHAPTER 8: FLIGHT OF THE FAT LADY
Scene 1 (“The Halloween Feast”)
- Zoom 1
- The scene starts with near the ceiling of the Great Hall. Move your cursor and watch the bats chase your cursor! (this is a pretty cool effect!)
- Zoom 2 (actually, this does not zoom in; it just moves the frame down to the actual Halloween Feast):
- Move your cursor near the chopping block and you can watch a ghostly axeman perform a ghostly beheading.
- Move your cursor over the tables and you can see a ghostly crew assemble to watch the performance. (Everybody seems to be having a good time because you can hear a lot of cheering).
- COLLECT a pumpkin. (below the chopping block).
- From the Comments:
- COLLECT five galleons! (from pumpkins on the right inner aisle). (Thanks, Annie!)
- COLLECT bat wings (behind the third pumpking on the left inner aisle). (Thanks again, Annie!)
Scene 2 (“The Slashed Painting”)
The key for Zoom Levels will be found at the bottom of the post.
- Zoom 1:
- Move your cursor to get Peeves to move around and make peevesian noises. ;)
- From the Comments:
- COLLECT a galleon from the pocket of one of the students standing under Peeves. (Thanks, Kristen Learned!)
- COLLECT a Pepper Imp from the pocket of one of the students to the right of the student with the galleon. This will enable you to “breathe fire for your friends”! (Thanks, Kristen Learned!)
- COLLECT yet another galleon from the right pocket of the red-haird guy (Percy Weasley?). (Thanks again, Kristen Learned! You are doing a great job of rifling through students’ pockets and sharing what you find!)
- Zoom 2:
- UNLOCK “Hogwarts Portraits” (JKR-Exclusive Content). This selection contains some particularly useful information concerning how much knowledge moving portraits have – and also on how former Headmasters’ portraits often appear to be particularly astute.
Key to Zoom Levels:
I am using the conventions I’ve seen used elsewhere when discussing Pottermore zoom levels:
- Zoom 1 = the original zoom level.
- Zoom 2 = zoom in one level from Zoom 1.
- Zoom 3 = zoom in two levels from Zoom 1.
- Zoom OUT 2 = zoom out one level from Zoom 1.
- Zoom OUT 3 = zoom out two levels from Zoom 1.