DISCLAIMER: This is not exactly a live blog and it’s definitely not a Finder’s Guide. It’s what I’ve found so far. There’s also probably some stuff I’m missing. :)
Here’s what I’ve found so far (DO NOT READ IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO BE SPOILED!)…
CHAPTER 17: THE HEIR OF SLYTHERIN
Scene 1 (“Tom Riddle”)
There are two zoom levels to this scene: Zoom 1 and Zoom OUT 2 So far, the only thing I’ve been able to do in this scene is make the edges around Tom Riddle mist up a bit on Zoom OUT 2.
Scene 2 (“The Basilisk”)
There are lots of cool sound effects here and some very nice artwork. You can manipulate this scene by zooming/double-clicking and using mouse-over. There is no zoom in or out. The scene just moves up when you zoom or double-click.
- Zoom 1: Can use mouse-over to get Harry’s robes to billow
- Zoom 2: Scene moves upward and can see Fawkes (who flies to the right and out of the frame)
- Zoom 3: Scene moves upward to the blinded Basilisk’s head. See venom dripping from its mouth, blood streaming from its eyes.
Scene 3 (“Harry Destroys the Diary”)
- Zoom 1: Harry’s arm is raised over diary. He holds a basilisk fang ready to strike.
- Zoom 2: Harry drives the basilisk fang into the diary. Splat. Riddle is not happy.
Key to Zoom Levels:
I am using the conventions I’ve seen used elsewhere when discussing Pottermore zoom levels:
- Zoom 1 = the original zoom level.
- Zoom 2 = zoom in one level from Zoom 1.
- Zoom 3 = zoom in two levels from Zoom 1.
- Zoom OUT 2 = zoom out one level from Zoom 1.
- Zoom OUT 3 = zoom out two levels from Zoom 1.